Smaller Budgets. Higher Expectations.
As workforces and budgets shrink at all levels, the expectations on federal, state, and local government IT professionals continue to expand. Today, government is expected to be more agile, more responsive, AND more efficient. These changing demands cut across all departments and agencies.
Even more challenging for government IT teams are the many unique customers and workflows they need to manage. Some agencies and departments rely heavily on communication, requiring advanced call center and mobile solutions. Other agencies are striving to implement online experiences for tax payers that are both user-friendly and in line with privacy regulations. In all cases, maximum uptime, automatic back-ups, and robust disaster recovery strategies remain vital objectives.
SMP can help you and your team manage these efforts more efficiently – today and tomorrow. Our engineers are experienced with state, county, and local government requirements. We work with a robust stable of proven IT partners, allowing us to tailor solutions designed specifically to meet your needs. And our long-term, strategic approach enables us to develop a roadmap to digitization that will ensure you are making the most out of your budget dollars, year after year.
In our experience, we’ve seen local governments and municipalities drive real results with virtualization. Virtualization can transform government IT departments into more nimble, cost-effective, and efficient enterprises. With virtualization, your department or agency can:
- Increase efficiency — Cut the time your department spends on routine information technology maintenance and support so your department can respond more quickly to the needs of constituents, policymakers, and agencies.
- Lower operating expenses —Reduce data center and capital costs, as well as lower the costs surrounding your end user computing environment.
- Go green — Reduce power consumption, as well as cooling and hardware needs, so you can increase efficiencies and lower energy costs.
- Increase up-time — Implement automatic failovers, storage migration, live migration, high availability, fault tolerance, and distributed resource scheduling.
- Improve disaster recovery — Server virtualization can reduce restoration time because you won’t have to rebuild your servers, applications, or operating systems. Their backups exist off-site and can be brought back online more quickly.
But is virtualization right for you? Does your information technology infrastructure support your strategic plans for dealing with constituents, policymakers, and agencies? Will it in the future?
SMP can help you find the answers. We’ll assess your current network infrastructure and provide recommendations to reduce costs, increase reliability, and ensure your infrastructure meets current and future needs. We’ll work with you to find the IT network solution that fits your budget and your schedule, enhancing your existing IT network while preserving security and control.
Transform IT from an expense to an investment.
SMP can help make that happen.
SMP participates in state contracts to provide solutions that not only meet your needs, but drive value and trim your bottom line.
Data Center/DR: When it comes to mission-critical systems, your department needs to maximize uptime and reduce the odds of unplanned downtime. And when (not if) a disaster strikes, you need your network back online fast. SMP’s experts can help architect and implement resilient systems that not only manage your data more effectively, but also provide faster access to more locations. Privacy, mobility, and security in particular are key elements in these solutions.