Unplanned downtime not only financially impacts an organization, it can permanently damage its reputation. Have a plan, and be ready.
Your risk management and business continuity strategy should do two things: keep your IT infrastructure up and running as much as possible, and protect your corporate data, your customers and your reputation. Although these goals are simple in concept, they can be remarkably difficult to achieve in practice.
In seeking to meet those objectives, you’ll need to make a host of decisions along the way:
- Do you need to protect against major natural disasters that could wipe out your entire data center or only against routine data loss due to power surges and other common mishaps?
- Are you committed to tape backup technology or are you ready to invest in digital backup services?
- Are you willing to use a second location for offsite backups?
- Do your current data backups include enough data to let you recover your entire business in the event of a natural disaster?
- How can you strike the ideal balance between recovery point objectives (RPO), recovery time objectives (RTO), and the overall cost of your risk management and business continuity technology?
SMP specializes in solving challenges like these.
Get Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery support from SMP
We can help you:
- Ensure your DR solution is scalable
- Meet compliance requirements
- Set and achieve realistic RTO and RPO objectives for your needs and budget
- Enhance your business continuity strategy via virtualization to move workloads around as necessary
- Protect workloads by using clustering technology
- Provide extended uptimes
- Increase the security and accessibility of your backed-up data
Don’t fall victim to unplanned downtime, losing income, productivity, positive brand reputation, customers and more. Get started today: contact us