SMP’s return to on-site services safety procedures.
The well-being, health, and safety of SMP employees and those that we serve remains our top priority. We are focused on adapting our operating procedures to keep our employees and communities safe while continuing to support our customers.
Much of our IT telecommunication and infrastructure services can be provided remotely. As an essential business, SMP is also ready and able to provide onsite services to other essential businesses along with businesses that meet local state governance plans.
We have made the following mandatory procedures for our employees to follow when working on site. All members of our delivery teams have been provided a PPE kit and have been trained on these procedures.
General Health Protocols
- Take temperature daily prior to commencing work
- Remain home if not feeling well
- Notify a supervisor and head home if COVID-19 symptoms develop while at work
- Wash hands for 20 seconds and/or use hand sanitizer frequently
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth
- Sneeze into a tissue or the crook of an arm
Job Site Protocols
- Social Distancing – Six (6) foot separation must constantly be enforced and required in every instance possible. When maintaining a six (6) foot separation becomes untenable due to other services providers working in a common area, the SMP employee is to report the issue to the Project Manager(s) and leave the worksite until the situation is resolved.
- Remote Communications – Avoid face-to-face interactions as much as possible. Communicate via phone, messaging, or teleconferencing. If an in-person job site meeting is required, employees must continue to follow social distancing.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) – Masks & gloves are required for everyone on site and in public settings including walking into a client site.
- Staggered Start Times – Teams greater than 3 will stagger their start times to reduce entry traffic volume.
Equipment and Tools
- No tool sharing
- Wipe down all tools and equipment before and after entering each location
- Wipe down any devices serviced before leaving
SMP is committed to the health, safety and enablement of our customers, employees and partners.
We trust and hope that this message finds you healthy and enjoying working remotely as best you can. Without question, the extraordinary circumstances around the world have impacted both work and home life. Over the course of the last week to ten days we have been working with our customers to answer questions and assist with additional needs.
We want to assure you that SMP has a well-defined Business Continuity / Pandemic Plan across all areas of our company. On March 15th, we mandated that all employees work remotely. Our SMARTcentre NOC, operations team, engineers, architects and sales support prove that we are fully equipped to support our customers in this fashion. In some instances, we have been required to deploy staff on-site to assist our customers providing essential services. We will continue to do that with caution, following state and federal directives, on an as needed basis, in the safest manner possible.
SMP is committed to our partnership and we are ready at a moment’s notice to help.
Whether it is contact center, collaboration, data center, end-user computing, security, or networking, the SMP team is here for you. We’ll continue to check in and reach out regularly to keep the lines of communication open.
If there is anything SMP can do to help your organization now or in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to your account manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do all we can to support you, your employees and ultimately your customers.
The safety of our employees, as well as our customers and their families are our number one priority. We will get through these tough times by doing our part to comply with the recommendations of the various health organizations.
In the meantime, while working remotely, we wish you and your family good health and safety during these challenging times.