Rochester, NY (January 13, 2020): SMP, a best-in-class IT provider serving the Northeast US, today announced that it has successfully achieved a Network Virtualization VMware Master Services Competency. This competency demonstrates that SMP is committed to helping organizations accelerate their digital transformations by leveraging their validated services delivery capabilities around advanced VMware technologies.
“At SMP, we recognize the technology industry is constantly evolving, and we strive to keep pace with it. Achieving this Master Services Competency is just one way we ensure our technology specialists have the knowledge and skills to provide expert services for our customers,” comments Sean Wilson, SMP’s VP of Client Solutions. “SMP has achieved three of the five VMware Master Services Competency solution areas, one of only 11 VMware partners in the nation to have three or more Master Competencies And we are on track to achieve all five in 2020. ”
“VMware is pleased to recognize SMP for achieving a Network Virtualization Master Services Competency. This achievement shows customers that partners like SMP are dedicated, invested and have validated expertise in advanced VMware technologies,” said Jenni Flinders, vice president and worldwide channel chief, VMware. “We value SMP as a VMware partner, and appreciate their efforts in achieving this VMware distinction as they work to increase their service delivery capabilities.”
VMware Master Services Competencies are designed to help partners demonstrate customer-centric solutions and technical proficiency, with proven success and expertise in a specialized area of business. These competencies also allow partners to differentiate in five specific solution areas.
VMware partners can achieve VMware Master Services Competencies in:
- Cloud Management and Automation – Designates expertise in delivery of VMware Cloud Management and Automation solutions and services with deep understanding and execution of cloud management design principles and methodologies.
- Data Center Virtualization – Designates expertise in delivery of VMware vSphere environments and digital infrastructure services with deep understanding of and execution in Data Center Virtualization design principles and methodologies.
- Desktop and Mobility – Designates expertise in designing, installing, and maintaining VMware Workspace ONE and VMware Horizon solutions with deep understanding of and execution in desktop and mobility design principles and methodologies to deliver a scalable and reliable digital workspace.
- Network Virtualization – Designates expertise in the delivery of VMware NSX environments and services with deployment and optimization of NSX environment capabilities.
- VMware Cloud on AWS – Designates expertise in the deployment of an integrated cloud solution that delivers an on-demand service enabling customers to run applications across a VMware Cloud Infrastructure environment with access to a broad range of AWS services.
The VMware Partner Network is the framework for collaboration between VMware and its partners, offering a wide range of benefits, training, certifications and rewards. The VMware Partner Network includes a range of programs to meet the needs of a variety of partner expertise. Read more about VMware Partner Network.
SMP has been delivering strategic IT with integrity, passion, and a service guarantee for over 20 years. Serving all industries, our value-based technology solutions and services center around audio visual, collaboration, cloud data center, network and security. We partner with top manufacturers like Cisco, Dell EMC, NetApp and VMware to provide world-class technology solutions to our customers. An Inc. Magazine Best Workplace, SMP has offices in New York, Connecticut and Vermont.
# # #
VMware, vSphere, Workspace ONE, Horizon, and NSX are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions.