Rochester, NY (June 6, 2019): SMP, best-in-class IT provider serving the Northeast US, announced that it has successfully achieved Data Center Virtualization and Desktop and Mobility VMware Master Services Competencies. These competencies demonstrate that SMP is committed to helping organizations accelerate their digital transformations by leveraging their validated services delivery capabilities around advanced VMware technologies.
“SMP places great value on training and education, and we ensure that our technology specialists have the time and access to the knowledge and tools to retain top level certifications and competencies,” said Sean Wilson, SMP’s VP of Client Solutions. “These VMware Master Services Competencies enable us to provide expert design and services to our customers.”
“VMware is pleased to recognize SMP for achieving Data Center Virtualization and Desktop and Mobility Master Services Competencies. This achievement shows customers that partners like SMP are dedicated, invested and have validated expertise in advanced VMware technologies,” said Jenni Flinders, vice president and worldwide channel chief, VMware. “We value SMP as a VMware partner, and appreciate their efforts in achieving this VMware distinction as they work to increase their service delivery capabilities.”
VMware Master Services Competencies are designed to help partners demonstrate customer-centric solutions and technical proficiency, with proven success and expertise in a specialized area of business. These competencies also allow partners to differentiate in four specific solution areas.
VMware partners can achieve VMware Master Services Competencies in:
- Cloud Management and Automation – Designates expertise in delivery of VMware Cloud Management and Automation solutions and services with deep understanding and execution of cloud management design principles and methodologies.
- Data Center Virtualization – Designates expertise in delivery of VMware vSphere environments and digital infrastructure services with deep understanding of and execution in Data Center Virtualization design principles and methodologies.
- Desktop and Mobility – Designates expertise in designing, installing, and maintaining VMware Workspace ONE and VMware Horizon solutions with deep understanding of and execution in desktop and mobility design principles and methodologies to deliver a scalable and reliable digital workspace.
- Network Virtualization – Designates expertise in the delivery of VMware NSX environments and services with deployment and optimization of NSX environment capabilities.
- VMware Cloud on AWS – Designates expertise in the deployment of an integrated cloud solution that delivers an on-demand service enabling customers to run applications across a VMware Cloud Infrastructure environment with access to a broad range of AWS services.
The VMware Partner Network is the framework for collaboration between VMware and its partners, offering a wide range of benefits, training, certifications and rewards. The VMware Partner Network includes a range of programs to meet the needs of a variety of partner expertise. Read more about VMware Partner Network.
SMP has been delivering strategic IT with integrity, passion, and a service guarantee for over 20 years. Serving all industries, our value-based technology solutions and services center around audio visual, collaboration, digital workspaces, infrastructure, and security. We partner with top manufacturers like Cisco, Dell EMC, NetApp and VMware to provide world-class technology solutions to our customers. An Inc. Magazine Best Workplace, SMP has offices in New York, Connecticut and Vermont.
# # #
VMware, vSphere, Workspace ONE, Horizon, and NSX are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions.